Sonntag, 4. November 2012

Deutsche Guggenheim, Berlin: Gabriel Orozco’s Asterisms

The exhibition in one sentence: The artist Gabriel Orozco collected little pieces of garbage, documented each and everything and arranged them into a piece of artwork.












I liked: The range of objects and the way the were put together. 

I disliked: I would have loved more information on why the pieces were arranged in this specific way.

Favorite object: the rubber duck

What about the exhibition design? Plain white room, we're talking contemporary art!

Fun fact: When I was a kid we used to spend summers at the atlantic ocean in France. We found several dolls lacking a leg or an arm at the beach, collected them and stuck them onto the beams of our tent.

Parental advisory: Great one for kids! You can play I spy with my little eye... all day long!!

Overall rate: Worth a visit. But what would Ursus Wherli do?
 
Information:

Gabriel Orozco’s Asterisms

06.07.2012-21.10.2012

Deutsche Guggenheim
Unter den Linden 13/15
10117 Berlin

Mon-Sun 10 am.- 6 pm

Admission

4 Euro, reduced admission 3 Euro, free on Mondays

Link to the exhibiton page

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen